Woodland Star students place in Sonoma Valley Middle School Writing Faire
Congratulations to the students below for their awards in the highly competitive, Sonoma Valley middle school writing faire. We also commend all of our students who worked hard on their writing submissions & represented our school so wonderfully.
- 2nd place, first-hand biography category: Megan Dewees
- 3rd place, first-hand biography category: Maia Reilly
- Honorable Mention, first-hand biography category: Emma Joseph-Phillips
- Honorable Mention, humorous poetry category: Mickey Abate
- Honorable Mention, fiction category: Grace Turner
- Honorable Mention, fiction category: Alison Arntz
- 1st place, biography category: Marco Schamoni
Kindergarten assistant position:
Woodland Star is seeking a teaching assistant for the Kindergarten class. The Kinder assistant supports and works closely with the Lead teacher and students. The position may entail some after-school and/or evening meetings. This position is a 5 day per week offering from 8:00-1:00pm. The ideal candidate has some Waldorf and/or early childhood experience and is Spanish bi-lingual. Interested applicants can send a resume to: Sheila@woodlandstarschool.org. We will be accepting applications until Friday, June 14th.
1st grade Classroom assistant:
Woodland Star is seeking a teacher’s aide for the1st grade class. The aide will work under the direct supervision of the class teacher and will be working with the whole class as well as small groups of students to reiterate and reinforce academic content. Hours are M-F from 8:00-2:30 as well as a weekly check in meeting with the class teacher as arranged. The ideal candidate has some Waldorf and/or classroom experience or familiarity and is Spanish bi-lingual. Interested applicants can send a resume to: Sheila@woodlandstarschool.org. We will be accepting applications until Friday, June 14th.